Friday, October 12, 2007

BRUCE

When I decided to start this Blog I said to myself, "Self I am not going to write about celebrities". No doing the Paris Hilton, Michael Jackson, Britney Spears, OJ Simpson shtick. ( that string of names will get me some hits on the old search engines ehhh)

But I now realize it can not be helped. Celebrity worship is too big a problem to ignore. So I will occasionally excoriate a celebrity. Today's target is Bruce Springsteen. What! How can I attack the all American rocker. Everybody loves the BOSS.

Well let me sum it up in one word "hypocrisy " I hate hypocrisy and Bruce is full of it. He sells himself as some sort of blue collar hero to the downtrodden working man.

Yeah right. He has lived in some of the most affluent communities in NJ. So what brings on this fit of anti Bruce mania. This week there was an article that he was being sued for breaching a contract to....are you ready for this, buy his daughter an Eight Hundred and Fifty Thousand dollar horse so she can compete in equestrian events.

I am an unabashed capitalist and while I would not spend money the way many rich people do if I were rich, that is there right. What gets me are the ones who spout off about the downtrodden and then waste their fortune instead of spending it to alleviate some suffering. Its called talking the talk but not walking the walk.

Then he spouts off about American foreign policy. Flash bulletin for Springsteen! Condi Rice is more qualified to conduct our foreign policy then a rock star who never went to college.
I hate it when these movie stars and musicians who barely got through high school think that they know more then anyone else about how to conduct world affairs. Yeah maybe that is elitist but who would you rather have making decisions about this countries security. Somebody who has a doctorate from Princeton or Yale or the guy who almost flunked history in Podunk High and joined a rock band or took up acting rather then going to college. Actually it is not them I get really mad at because everybody has an opinion. What gets me mad is the number of idiots who listen to them as if they were a prophet.

Anyway I feel better now that I got that off my chest. I will try to stay away from celebrities for awhile. Bad for the blood pressure.

No comments: